new support for Raspberry Pi B+

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Sat Nov 22 21:33:00 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 02:20:02PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2014, at 2:05 PM, Ian Lepore <ian at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> >> I considered that originally which is why I bought 4 different cards of
> >> different brands for testing (Transcend, SanDisk, Samsung, Kingston):
> >>
> >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBD0XSI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
> >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55C0NS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
> >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IVPU7DQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
> >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WIRFD2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
> >>
> >> None of them will boot FreeBSD at high speed and I have seen SD related
> >> panics with 3 of them (so far) at low speed.

Well high speed seems to be a different issue.
But if it happens on multiple different cards, then the corruption is unlikely
card related.

> > I would actually dispute that this one is an sd-related panic, unless
> > you have messages about gvfs_iodone failures on the console before the
> > panic.  Otherwise this is more likely another memory corruption problem
> > similar to the panics being reported on wandboard.
>
> The RPi is also sensitive to power. I?ve seen weird corruption like this when I tried to run
> my RPi off a battery and the battery was getting weak...

They completely redesigned the power design in the B+, including the
use of decent switching regulators.
Assuming the problem happens on a B+ as the subject claims.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de