new support for Raspberry Pi B+

Dan Raymond draymond at foxvalley.net
Sat Nov 22 20:56:35 UTC 2014

On 11/22/2014 1:09 PM, Bernd Walter wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:46:34PM -0700, Dan Raymond wrote:
>> Further testing with the 16GB Kingston reveals that it is unstable even
>> at low speed.  I hit the following panic while executing "portsnap fetch
>> update" on a r274416 build:
>>
>> dev = mmcsd0s2a, ino = 155101, fs = /mnt/ufs
>> panic: ffs_freefile: freeing free inode
>> KDB: enter: panic
>> [ thread pid 8 tid 100056 ]
>> Stopped at      $d:     ldrb    r15, [r15, r15, ror r15]!
>> db>
> Maybe you've received a counterfeit.
> Unfortunately there are a lot of them on the market.
> Some of them are technically smaller than they claim and overwrite
> other data if they run short.

I considered that originally which is why I bought 4 different cards of
different brands for testing (Transcend, SanDisk, Samsung, Kingston):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBD0XSI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55C0NS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IVPU7DQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WIRFD2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

None of them will boot FreeBSD at high speed and I have seen SD related
panics with 3 of them (so far) at low speed.