dovecot panic

Ronald Klop ronald-lists at klop.ws
Fri Nov 21 00:08:41 UTC 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:35:14 +0100, <draymond at foxvalley.net> wrote:

> Hi, Ronald.  My build version is r274416.  I don't know if dovecot is
> directly causing the panic but it seems to be related.  I have been
> using this build heavily for about a week now (including lots of
> compiling) and haven't had any panics.  I installed dovecot and got two
> in a row, both during a telnet session to port 110 (talking to
> dovecot).  The first time I got as far as (USER xxx, PASS xxx, LIST).
> The second time I got as far as (USER xxx, PASS xxx, LIST, RETR 1, RETR
> 2, QUIT).
>
> I'll try "vm.pmap.sp_enabled=0" this evening.  Have you tested dovecot2
> very much?  What did you have to do to get it to load successfully?
> There were a few configuration changes required for dovecot before it
> would start.

My dovecot.conf is in the attachment (if the mailinglist accepts it.)
I copy this around since some time and I saw that the current default
config uses include files so my configuration might be old-fashioned. I
just installed dovecot2 on ARM this week and had it running on amd64 for
the last two years. Before I was already running it on ARM for quite some
time.

Also STARTTLS for IMAP does not work anymore. I did not have the time to
look into that yet. I did not use POP3, so that configuration might not
work.

NB: just for the record. I have this ARM Sheevaplug running
postfix+dovecot2+spamassassing+mailman for a low-traffic mailinglist and
some old low-traffic mailboxes. Another Sheevaplug runs collectd5+rrdtool
for collecting statistics from my ADSL-router and the other computers in
my network.

Regards,

Ronald.