dovecot panic

draymond at FoxValley.net draymond at FoxValley.net
Wed Nov 19 17:06:31 UTC 2014

I tried compiling the port of dovecot (/usr/ports/mail/dovecot) on my
Raspberry Pi.  Getting it running was more work than most other ports:

    vi /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf

       protocols = imap pop3 imaps pop3s

    cd /usr/local/share/examples/dovecot
    vi dovecot-openssl.cnf

       (fill out fields)

    mkdir /etc/ssl/certs
    mkdir /etc/ssl/private
    ./mkcert.sh
    echo 'dovecot_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dovecot start

While I was testing it (manual telnet into port 110 and checking mail)
dovecot panicked and brought down the system.  I rebooted and tried
again and got the same result:

    panic: pmap_zero_page_gen: page has mappings
    KDB: enter: panic
    [ thread pid 13779 tid 100095 ]
    Stopped at      $d:     ldrb    r15, [r15, r15, ror r15]!
    db>

Has anyone else had success with dovecot on ARMv6?  Is there a more
stable choice for a basic POP3/IMAP daemon?