gdb for arm

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Sat Nov 15 07:56:24 UTC 2014

Tom Everett wrote this message on Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 20:13 -0700:
> I'm trying to debug some bare metal arm code I've written on FreeBSD.  I'm
> using the xdev tools to cross compile for arm on amd64.  Could someone
> point me in the right direction in terms of cross-compiling gdb on FreeBSD?

If you add gdb to xdev, it should just work...  I did some work a while
back to make kgdb compile (but only kinda work)...

I've attached the patch...  The reenabling of CTF was to help me get
the avila board back to being functional...

I don't remeber why I needed CDMAKE...

I do vaguely remeber that there might have been some ordering issues,
but I don't remeber right now...

Let me know how it works for you...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579