new support for Raspberry Pi B+

Luiz Otavio O Souza lists.br at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:54:55 UTC 2014

On 13 November 2014 04:32, Dan Raymond wrote:
> Has something changed regarding MMCSD between r273702 and r274416? I built
> an image using the latter and I noticed that my 32GB SanDisk card is now
> coming up at 25MHz.  Previously it was 41.6MHz.
>
> root at raspberry-pi:~ # dmesg | grep mmcsd
> mmcsd0: 32GB <SDHC SL32G 8.0 SN 0F6BB463 MFG 10/2014 by 3 SD> at mmc0
> 25.0MHz/4bit/65535-block

Hi Dan,

Yes, after r274415 the HS mode is disabled by default and this will
limit the speed to 25MHz.

Without this and with the card detection fix many people have been
consistently unable to boot their RPi with some SD cards.

If you are sure that your card works with HS mode then please add the
opposite hack to /boot/loader.conf:

hw.bcm2835.sdhci.hs=1

And you'll get the old behaviour.

Luiz