MK_ARM_EABI to retire in current

John Hay jhay at meraka.org.za
Thu May 22 06:49:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:46:43PM -0700, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> John Hay wrote this message on Wed, May 21, 2014 at 21:28 +0200:
> > On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 09:50:21AM -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > > isn't eabi on the xscale still broken?
> >
> > It might still be broken. But there are more brokenness than that. :-(
> > By defining WITHOUT_ARM_EABI=yes in src.conf, I can get an AVILA kernel
> > built that boots with src from head at around mid December. Latest 10
> > and head just give no output, with or without WITHOUT_ARM_EABI defined.
>
> Did you apply the patch I referenced in:
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20140219172938.GH34851@funkthat.com
>
> that was sent to you?  This should fix 10, and HEAD should be fine
> unless there has been a regression in the last few months...  I haven't
> worked on the AVILA since no one is interested in helping me...

I did, although I did not seem to need it anymore in -current/HEAD. Like
I said above, by defining WITHOUT_ARM_EABI=yes I could get an AVILA kernel
that boots with src from head at around mid December. I did most of my
testing there because I thought that if I could get that to work, one
could figure out what is missing in 10. I just tried 10 again just now
because of all the arm merges that happened. I got distracted by other
work a bit, but would really like to have AVILA and CAMBRIA working. I
must still test where after mid December it broke. I know it was broken
in Feb.

John