Changes to dwc_otg USB controller code (stable/10)

Scott, Brian brian.scott4 at det.nsw.edu.au
Thu Jun 5 05:56:16 UTC 2014

Hans Petter,

Good news and bad news. If I add some casts to the code to make it compile (don't know if its valid or not, casting from a constant to a non-constant could be ugly and I haven't looked beyond the error messages), I can now boot the system and the various USB devices are recognised properly.

The bad news is that the keyboard is very intermittent now. Many characters are simply being dropped when I type. Sometimes I get a character repeating as though the keyboard has gone into repeat mode, suggesting that a character up event has been lost. Moving the mouse around has it freeze every few seconds then resume.

I have had a similar behaviour on another raspberry pi at home that I've just been blaming on poor hardware. This means that I may be seeing an older problem here. Don't know.

Thanks,

Brian