HC-SR04 and FreeBSD

Evandro Nunes evandronunes12 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 03:43:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Rui Paulo <rpaulo at felyko.com> wrote:

> You can use an led instead of a multimeter. The point I'm trying to make
> is to make sure the gpio number really corresponds to that port number.

still no success, but just an update...

ok I added two led:

pin 02:    0    gpio_2<IN>  ===> echo (orange LED)
pin 03:    0    gpio_3<OUT> ===> trigger (blue LED)
pin 49:    0    gpio_49<IN> ===> previous echo

and I have the two simple loops below.

when I run loop1, BLUE LED blinks every second;
when I run loop2 while loop1 stills run, ORANGE LED won't blink, and loop2
value still shows 0 value

if I "gpioctl -c 2 OUT ; gpioctl -t 2", ORANGE LED will light, confirming
LED is OK; thoses leds will light with 2-5v input... however I have no idea
if the sonar output will range 2-5 or if it will be below 2 (i tried adding
my hand very close and far away from the sensor but led was never lit)

so I'd better use a multimeter for sure...

loop1:
while true ; do
 gpioctl -t 3; sleep .200; gpioctl -t 3
 #gpioctl 3