Building an image for Raspberry Pi

Shawn Webb lattera at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 00:58:06 UTC 2014

Hey all,

So I'm trying to build an image for the rPi, and I came across Crochet
from the Raspberry Pi wiki page on FreeBSD's wiki. I'm basing my build
off of a fresh HEAD.

I'm not entirely sure if I should be contacting the Crochet developers
about this, or if the freebsd-arm list would be better. Either way,
please forgive me if this isn't the most effective place.

It seems that when Crochet tries to build U-Boot from source, U-Boot
requires the application armv6-freebsd-gcc. I can't find such an
application in the ports tree (grep -rn arv6-freebsd-gcc /usr/ports).

It seems people have successfully built FreeBSD for ARM. However, the
instructions I'm seeing from a little bit of googling have turned up
pretty outdated posts.

You can probably tell I'm a newb at ARM on FreeBSD. What ought I do
next?

Thanks,

Shawn