BeagleBone ports and kernel module

我是昭明 cengzm07 at 163.com
Fri Nov 29 14:35:56 UTC 2013

I have built the kernel and the root file system from the source tree at svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/armv6/ and make the freebsd system boot successfully on the BeagleBone board. And the next step is to make some changes to the kernel. I want to make some modules to serve this purpose. The freeBSD system ported to the BeagleBone somehow cannot make the module, it says cannot find the source tree. So I tried to make the module on the freeBSD 9.1 running on the virtual box 4.2.6. The virtual box runs on i386 PC. I tried to change into cross compile through:
cd  /usr/src
make TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=arm buildenv
make -DNO_CLEAN kernel-toolchain
and the module built can not been loaded through kldload on the ported freebsd, and the error suggests the reason is that the version of the two freeBSD system is not the same, how can I solve this problem? please help.

best regards
cengzm07