FreeBSD on Freescale Vybrid

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Tue Nov 12 09:04:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:49:15 +0400
Ruslan Bukin <br at bsdpad.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm happy to announce support for Freescale Vybrid Family
> (VFxxx) microprocessors.
>
> VF600 is a cheap single core ARM Cortex-A5 (500Mhz)
> or dual-core SoC with ARM Cortex-M4 (167Mhz) for low-power
> offload and real-time responsiveness.
>
> The port covers initial support, including drivers for:
> gpio, usb ehci, nand, uart
>
> Also supported:
> GIC, mpcore_timer, ffec ethernet driver
>
> For develop I used Phytec COSMIC board:
> http://www.phytec.com/products/single-board-computers/
>
> code is here (I will commit it to HEAD very soon)
> http://hg.bsdpad.com
>
> Known issues:
> 1) ffec ethernet driver can't find media on initialization
> (trick with cable connector works)
>
> Thanks to Freescale for the good docs and
> to FreeBSD community for the great OS!

One thing I noticed is you are not prefixing the all file names in the
sys/arm/freescale/vybrid/ directory with something unique. I am
starting to work on a GENERIC kernel for armv6 and this needs each file
to have a unique name even if they are in different directories.

It would be good if you could rename them before committing to
FreeBSD as this would reduce the churn later.

Andrew