Dreamplug, BOOTP, NFS root, DHCP

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 29 15:37:52 UTC 2013

On 29 March 2013 07:39, Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Good to hear you're up and running again.
>
> The thing we most need for dreamplug is a wifi driver.  Unfortunately
> there are two layers of pain in getting there... a driver for the device
> itself, and a complete reworking of our MMC/SD support since the wifi
> part apparently uses SDIO and we don't have good support for that right
> now.

Yeah, the SDIO layer stuff is a pre-requisite. Even for non-ARM. The
Atheros AR6k chips (almost) all use SDIO and our SDIO code just doesn't cut
it.

I'd be much happier (and try porting ath6kl to FreeBSD!) if the SDIO side
of things was better.

Unfortunately I can't touch the wifi part of it. :-(

Thanks,

Adrian