RFC: "Crochet" build tool

George Neville-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Tue Mar 26 15:04:26 UTC 2013

On Mar 26, 2013, at 10:44 , George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> Integrating into base would be nice.
>
> My question would be: just for ARM, or as Tim mentions in his script,
> potentially for other architectures also?

My thought is that it's more about the fact that you're building for embedded
and the cross archticture part is tangential, but I also don't want to dump
a ton of work on Tim on top of what he's already done.

> If so what would be benefit/difference with NanoBSD if Tim's script was
> used for other architectures?
>
> For embedded-type systems on i386, I always built my own and never got
> into Nano.

I think this is to make it easier for folks who don't normally do this to do this.
Those of us, you included, who can build their own one off scripts can do that
but the project needs a good way to package this stuff and Tim's script
is the best thing to come along in a while.

Best,
George