Fwd: HACKBERRY USB problem

Alexander Fedorov alexander.fedorov at rtlservice.com
Fri Mar 22 16:29:02 UTC 2013

> It seems like hackberry's usb2 gpio pin is different than cubieboard one.

Yes, this is why I edit a10_ehci.c

> Did you try to use 2 usb devices for both usb port same time?

Hackberry has two external USB connectors in one package, and two not soldered
connectors. One on top, and one on bottom side of the board. I
soldered one (howto:
http://jas-hacks.blogspot.ru/2012/10/hackberry-a10-extra-usb-ports.html).
I think USB configuration looks like:
A10 USB1 -> GL850G (4-port HUB) -> upper port on external connector
and not soldered connectors.
A10 USB2 -> RTL8188CUS (WiFi chip)
And I assume, A10 USB0 OTG -> bottom port on external connector.

I tried to use all available ports:
root@:~ # usbconfig
ugen1.1: <EHCI root HUB Allwinner> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=SAVE (0mA)
ugen0.1: <EHCI root HUB Allwinner> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=SAVE (0mA)
ugen1.2: <product 0x8176 Realtek> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)
ugen0.2: <USB2.0 Hub Genesys Logic> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=SAVE (100mA)
ugen0.3: <Mass Storage Device JetFlash> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)
ugen0.4: <PS2+USB Mouse Targus> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW
(1.5Mbps) pwr=ON (100mA)

As expected, all ports work, except USB0 OTG (bottom port on external
connector).

> Somehow I observed both works at boot time, but had some problem
> attaching after boot.

No, I haven't this problem. All ports work correctly at boot and after.

> I never managed to make usb0 work, since it supports both host and otg
> mode in cubieboard.
> As some docs say it is based on MentorGraphics USB-OTG IP and
> currently iirc we only have support of otg mode in musb.
> gonzo@ may be working on improving musb driver some time ago, so he
> maybe has better ideas.
> As for pins, probably right place would be the dts, where we should
> separate hackberry and cubieboard specific configs and make general
> config for sun4i's SoC.

And/or, maybe do it something like it done for OMAP4:
sys/arm/ti/omap4/pandaboard/pandaboard.c