The Next BeagleBone Better & Faster for Less!

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Sun Mar 17 16:01:18 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:49:54 -0400
George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> On 03/11/13 06:37, Alie Tan wrote:
> > Sneek peek:
> > https://plus.google.com/102344295024422039483/posts/6Z4mixQGRcH
>
> I tried via a contact at CircuitCo, but it would be nice if some devs
> could get a pre-release board or at least the specs so we had a
> jump-start on porting efforts.

If you privately contact Gerald Cooley or Jason Kridner, both
participate on the beagleboard Google Group if you don't have their
contact info, they might be able to get you a pre-production board.  A
small number of people who participate in the beagleboard.org community
have pre-production boards but most of the focus of the people with
boards is on Linux, u-boot, and some of the extra software that ships
with the boards.

> I'm a bit confused by the production process involved..
>
> 1.  TI makes the chip
>
> 2.  The open design is implemented by a variety (?) of manufacturers
>
> 3.  You have a bunch of distributors
>
> But with this board, I cant seem to identify who would be privy to the
> specs on the new board...

TI makes the chip and does the board design work in tandem with
CircuitCo.  CircuitCo manufacture the Beagle Bones.  CircuitCo sells
boards to distributors.  CircuitCo and TI work together on the software
(Linux, u-boot, Angstrom, etc).

CircuitCo or people who have beagleboard.org email addresses are the
ones to contact in order to get more info on specs or pre-production
boards.  Those who have received pre-production boards are "bound" by
gentleman's agreement not to share specs or other details.

Regards,
Andrew