cross-compilation of sh(1) from x86 to arm

Jilles Tjoelker jilles at stack.nl
Fri Mar 8 21:47:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 05:10:54PM -0700, Ian Lepore wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 22:56 +0100, Jilles Tjoelker wrote:
> > Thanks, but I'm not planning to MFC anything more to stable/8/bin/sh
> > right now. (Unless you'd like to have some (compatible) change from 9.x
> > or 10.x.)

> Did the vfork() changes ever make it to 8?  That'd be nice to have if
> it's easy, don't worry about it if it's a lot of work.

The vfork() change is only in head right now. I would have to MFC it to
stable/9 first. Also, it depends on SHELLPROC removal (i.e. starting
executable scripts without #! in a new instance of /bin/sh instead of a
forked copy of the current shell) which is in stable/9 but not stable/8.

I think it is not appropriate to MFC these changes right before the
freeze. It may be interesting for stable/9 though.

--
Jilles Tjoelker