binutils build on arm failure

Brett Wynkoop wynkoop at wynn.com
Fri Mar 8 17:52:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 09:22:10 -0800
Tim Kientzle <tim at kientzle.com> wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2013, at 11:04 PM, Brett Wynkoop wrote:
>
> > Greeting-
> >
> > Has anyone gotten binutils to compile on armv6?  So far I have no
> > joy.
> >
> > After adding  armv6-*-freebsd* to config.bfd my next error was:
> >
> > checking for cos in -lm... yes
> > *** Configuration armv6-portbld-freebsd10.0 is obsolete.
> > *** Support has been REMOVED.
> > gmake[1]: *** [configure-bfd] Error 1
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> > `/export/ports/devel/binutils/work/binutils-2.23.1' gmake: *** [all]
> > Error 2
>
> Sounds like the "freebsd1" problem that ports folks were
> struggling with a little while ago.  (A lot of autotools-based
> programs were reading "freebsd10" as "freebsd1" when
> they tried to configure.)
>
> I would ask the binutils maintainer about this.
>
> Tim

Yeah I will track down the binutils maintainer.  I was hopeful to send
the maintainer a fix, but it is beyond me at this point.  I am trying
to get zoneminder running and for some reason it wants binutils.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound