binutils build on arm failure

Brett Wynkoop wynkoop at wynn.com
Fri Mar 8 07:12:47 UTC 2013

Greeting-

Has anyone gotten binutils to compile on armv6?  So far I have no joy.

After adding  armv6-*-freebsd* to config.bfd my next error was:

checking for cos in -lm... yes
*** Configuration armv6-portbld-freebsd10.0 is obsolete.
*** Support has been REMOVED.
gmake[1]: *** [configure-bfd] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/ports/devel/binutils/work/binutils-2.23.1' gmake: *** [all]
Error 2

Ideas?

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound