profclock overrides?

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 8 02:35:49 UTC 2013

As part of my poking and prodding towards a GENERIC kernel, I'm
trying to see what happens when I actually combine the sources for
different ARM systems together.

Here's one problem that seems to appear with a lot of the ARM systems:

ixp425_timer.o: In function `cpu_startprofclock':
/usr/home/tim/projects/FreeBSD/svn/head/sys/arm/xscale/ixp425/ixp425_timer.c:263: multiple definition of `cpu_startprofclock'
kern_clocksource.o:/usr/home/tim/projects/FreeBSD/svn/head/sys/kern/kern_clocksource.c:734: first defined here
ixp425_timer.o: In function `cpu_stopprofclock':
/usr/home/tim/projects/FreeBSD/svn/head/sys/arm/xscale/ixp425/ixp425_timer.c:268: multiple definition of `cpu_stopprofclock'
kern_clocksource.o:/usr/home/tim/projects/FreeBSD/svn/head/sys/kern/kern_clocksource.c:754: first defined here

It looks like a bunch of systems have overridden these two functions
in order to disable the profclock.

Is this an intrinsic board difference (that should be included in
board/SoC-specific startup vectors), or is there a better way to
do this?

Tim