Is there someone working with Mele A100/A1000?

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Fri Mar 1 15:12:00 UTC 2013

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 16:04:58 +0100, Maximiliano Eschoyez
<meschoyez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in porting FreeBSD to Mele A100/A1000, but I didn't
> find any post on that.
>
> Mele products works fine with Android and Ubuntu, but I would be very
> happy to have a FreeBSB available.
>
> Now we are working with Ubuntu because we need to have a prototype
> working, but in a short time we wil try to boot FreeBSD.
>
> Every help/ideas/links would be appreciated!!!

http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/mele-a100 gives: "It is powered by
the Allwinner A10 SoC"

About the allwinner A10 there were a all kinds of e-mails on this list and
commits in FreeBSD. I don't know if that will give you a working system at
once for this specific board.

See also:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2013-March/005105.html

Ronald.