I u-boot fails to compile

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at bluezbox.com
Fri Mar 1 00:58:46 UTC 2013

On 2/28/2013 4:46 PM, XiaoQI Ge wrote:
> ===
> Command:
> sh
> gmake cubieboard SED=sed CROSS_COMPILE=arm-freebsd-
> ===
> serial console echo
>
> Skip SD equipment
> Boot from NAND

Looks like problem with toolchain, I'll try to reproduce it and see how
it goes.
Last question: how did you connect SD card to FreeBSD host system. AFAIR
I had more success using USB reader for dd'ing u-boot than when I used
SD card slot (seen as an mmcsd device) on laptop. Haven't looked further
though - device was quirky in general so I just wrote the stuff off to
its quirkiness.

FWIW, if you're not adding specific options to the build you might want to
use pre-built binaries for time being and  modify boot.scr/uEnv.txt to
your needs:

http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/arm/hackberry/