Booting kernel on Cubieboard/Mele a_1000 (Allwiner A10)

Alexander Fedorov alexander.fedorov at rtlservice.com
Thu Jun 27 19:21:25 UTC 2013

Hi!
Freebsd doesn't support Allwinner A10 MMC controller.

You should use USB stick for the root filesystem.

P.S.
I have an initial version of the driver for MMC, but it does not
support DMA, so the IO is very slow. I tested it with my Hackberry
board.
If you're interested, see the patch in attachment and configuration
files. Also, I will publish the code on github in a few days.