New pmap-v6.c features and improvements

Zbyszek Bodek zbb at semihalf.com
Thu Jun 27 18:31:04 UTC 2013

On 23.05.2013 14:36, Zbyszek Bodek wrote:
> On 22.05.2013 20:42, Ruslan Bukin wrote:
>> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 02:39:56PM +0200, Zbyszek Bodek wrote:
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> I would like to introduce another pack of patches for pmap-v6.c and
>>> related, that we created as a part of Semihalf work on Superpages
>>> support.
>>>
>>> The patches include some major changes like:
>>>
>>> - Switch to AP[1:0] access permissions model
>>> - Transition of the mapping related flags to PTE (stop using PVF_ flags
>>>    in pv_entry)
>>> - Rework of the pmap_enter_locked() function
>>> - pmap code optimizations
>>>
>>> And some minor clean-ups:
>>>
>>> - Get rid of the VERBOSE_INIT_ARM option
>>> - Clean-ups, style and naming improvements to pmap
>>>
>>> Please check out the attachment for details.
>>>
>>> I will be happy to answer your questions and doubts if any.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Zbyszek Bodek
>>
>> I tested new patches with exynos5 and everything is OK.
>> (I mean all works as usual)
>>

> Hello.
>
> I'm happy to announce that code has been integrated to the FreeBSD HEAD.
> Great thanks your help!

Hello Everyone,

We have two micro patches for pmap-v6.c containing fix for 'modified'
bit emulation and removal of the redundant PGA_WRITEABLE clearing.

Please check out the attachment.

These two are minimal changes and we would like to commit them soon, so
we would be grateful if you could test them on your ARMv6/v7 platforms
and give us your remarks.

Best regards
Zbyszek Bodek