Two questions on -current...

Brian J. McGovern mcgovern at beta.com
Tue Jun 18 02:21:25 UTC 2013

I'm currently using a fairly recent (within the week) -current on a
Beaglebone Black and trying to use it on an OpenRD ultimate... I have
two questions that I can't seem to find recent answers online.

1.) On the Beaglebone black, is there an interface for setting up the
MUX on the GPIO pins? I've seen gpioctl, which doesn't seem to have the
capability, and there seems to be settings in the DTS file, although it
appears incomplete (e.g. not all pins are configured), but is there a
way to dynamically set up the MUX during run time?

2.) When trying to compile DB-88F6XXX, I'm getting an error "error:
unknown target CPU 'armv5te', despite a find ... grep... on the code
showing this option in both gcc and clang compilers and tools. Is this
processor deprecated in current? Is there are a replacement? Did I miss
a change in how to build the kernel (Currently using "make TARGET=arm
TARGET_ARCH=arm KERNCONF=DB-88F6XXX buildkernel" in /usr/src)?

 -B