arm/179532: wireless networking on ARM

Daan Vreeken Daan at vitsch.nl
Fri Jun 14 08:10:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR arm/179532; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daan Vreeken <Daan at vitsch.nl>
To: Guillaume Bibaut <yom at iaelu.net>
Cc: freebsd-arm at freebsd.org, freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org,
        Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: arm/179532: wireless networking on ARM
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:02:54 +0200

 Hi Guillaume,

 On Thursday 13 June 2013 11:40:44 Guillaume Bibaut wrote:
 > >Number:         179532
 > >Category:       arm
 > >Synopsis:       wireless networking on ARM
 ..

 > >Environment:
 >
 > FreeBSD iaelumx 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r251405M: Wed Jun 12
 > 12:50:45 CEST 2013
 > root at bsd-current:/root/EfikaMX/obj/arm.armv6/root/EfikaMX/src/efika_mx/sys/
 >EFIKA_MX  arm

 > FreeBSD is crashing when wpa_supplicant is called upon boot on the Genesi
 > Efika MX smartbook.
 >
 > Since I can't copy and paste the result of the crash, I've taken pictures
 > and put them here : http://iaelu.net/~yom/efikamx/arm-eabi/
 >
 > I got helped by @rayddteam ( ray@ ) on the EFNET IRC subnet, in the
 > #bsdmips channel.
 >
 > The Wireless network was a WPA Personal.
 >
 > after some investigations with the help of ray@
 > we could at least gather this information with the addr2line command :
 > /root/EfikaMX/obj/arm.armv6/root/EfikaMX/src/efika_mx/tmp/usr/bin/addr2line
 > -e /mnt/boot/kernel/kernel c035bc44
 > /root/EfikaMX/src/efika_mx/sys/net80211/ieee80211_radiotap.c:138
 >
 > I hope these informations help you to fix the problem, if there is any
 > solution.

 I think we might have hit this same bug at work and have a local patch that
 fixes it. I'll see if I can dust it off and post a patch here. I believe it
 was only a 3-line patch to if_run.c

 Regards,
 --
 Ing. Daan Vreeken