freebsd-update.conf details for RPi

Paul Mather paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
Wed Jul 17 16:42:48 UTC 2013

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Nick Pettefar <Nick at Pettefar.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know what I need to put into the /etc/freebsd-update.conf file
> to get freebsd-update to work with my Raspberry Pi please?
>
> FreeBSD bsdpi 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r251172M: Sat Jun  1
> 04:12:21 SGT 2013
> root at fbsd10:/root/crochet/work/obj/arm.armv6/usr/src/sys/RPI-B
> arm
>
> root at bsdpi:~ # freebsd-update fetch
> Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.
> Fetching public key from update2.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update4.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update5.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update3.freebsd.org... failed.
> No mirrors remaining, giving up.

As I understand it, freebsd-update only provides updates for -RELEASEs, and, as far as I know, there haven't been any official -RELEASEs for FreeBSD/arm.  (I checked the 9.1-RELEASE announcement and it was only available for the "amd64, i386, powerpc64, and sparc64 architectures."  Needless to say, there hasn't been a 10-RELEASE yet, and I don't know if freebsd-update will do downgrades.)

Remember, -CURRENT is bleeding edge, and so mechanisms like freebsd-update aren't designed to cope with its development cycle.

Cheers,

Paul.