I want to buy a wireless card

Jack Wilborn jkwilborn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 21:38:37 UTC 2013

I would like to hear how you do with addition of a wifi USB dongle.  You
have happened to pick one of the hardest items to get working in Linux.
Seems most of the wifi cards are proprietary in nature so you can't get the
firmware to make them operate.  You need to look at the newest and see if
they are on the Debian list of supported devices.  I have  one of them that
is a PCI card that is supported, if you like I'll dig up the number from
TP-Link.  But it's not a USB it's a PCI.  I can't think if I have a USB one
around or not, seems like I could never get the firmware to operate it
properly.  So that why I'm interested in if you make it operate properly
and completely.  It was my first problem with Linux and is still around
even though I've learned to look up what they support or not, but I don't
know how to really do it for the smaller embedded CPU's.

Will be listening.

Jack