SD card -image- for the beaglebone

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Thu Jan 31 21:27:58 UTC 2013

On 31/01/13 15:36, Ian Lepore wrote:

> So you're interested in a PPS driver for BeagleBone?  That would be fun
> to play with, I wonder what the BB's timer hardware looks like?  It'd be
> easy enough to do with a gpio interrupt I suspect, but the timing geek
> in me can't resist going for the nanosecond-accurate measurements when
> possible, even if it is kind of pointless for millisecond-accurate NTP.

Yep. Planning on hooking up MSF, DCF, and TDF clocks to GPIO pins, as
well as some GPS units. Originally planned for doing this with some
Pi, but found the bone had serial ports and things developed from there

Planning on abusing UART3's CTS pin for initial basic testing, as
radioclkd and radioclkd2 have only support for serial ports, but
then it will be working out what if anything I need to patch into the
kernel to get the PPS subsystem to listen to particular GPIO pins.

Also planning to test PHK's ntpns, which has DCF support,
and should be easy to modify for MSF. Anyway, this is heading far
too quickly to being on-topic for time-nuts but off-topic here

Iain