FreeBSD ARM with swap partition and tmpfs

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Sun Jan 27 13:42:04 UTC 2013

George Mitchell wrote:
 > On 01/15/13 04:02, Alie Tan wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > I just built new 4G FreeBSD image for Raspberry Pi (username/password:
 > > root/freebsdarm):
 > > http://www.snakeorladder.com/bsd-pi-r245446.img.gz

Thank you very much, Alie!

 > Thanks very much!  I've been running this image continuously for three
 > and a half days.  I've compiled ghostscript and cups-base (and also perl
 > and python).  Do you by any chance have the ulpt.ko module that goes
 > with this kernel available?  The Pi is the only place I could try
 > compiling it right now, and that would take quite a while, so I would be
 > very grateful if it's already built somewhere.
 >
 > Perhaps someone might be interested in my compiled packages?

Definitely ...  I'm particularly interested in the Python
package.  Is it available for download somewehere?

By the way, does anybody know whether the Python GPIO module
for the RPi works with FreeBSD/arm?  I guess it doesn't ...

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/RPi.GPIO

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme,  secnetix GmbH & Co. KG,  Marktplatz 29, 85567 Grafing
Handelsregister:  Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen/-Produkte + mehr: http://www.secnetix.de/bsd

The whole world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel.
  -- Horace Walpole