Hope for the help on building the supported image for FreeBSD

Ganbold Tsagaankhuu ganbold at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:05:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM, XiaoQI Ge <ghw at 7axu.com> wrote:
>  I've just bought an CubieBoard, but when I searched the httpXXX,found
> there was not any materials about CubieBoard, and I just want ask how to
> compile the IMG for Freebsd, espically on the ubldr part

You have to prepare SD card with special layout like
http://linux-sunxi.org/U-Boot.
(You can also use SD card which was prepared for linux, just
remove/rename uImage)

Once SD card is ready make sure you have xdev tools built.
Make sure you have CURRENT machine with source.
Tim's script also require xdev tools and you can build it like:

cd /usr/src
make xdev XDEV=arm XDEV_ARCH=arm

Then you can compile kernel like:

make TARGET_ARCH=armv6 KERNCONF=CUBIEBOARD buildkernel

and put your kernel to fat partition of SD card and you are ready to boot.

To boot using sd card, at uboot prompt type:

fatload mmc 0 0x40200000 kernel
go 0x40200100

Ganbold