MK_ARM_EABI can't be set by a user

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Thu Jan 17 10:18:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:50:07 +0800
Alie Tan <alie at affle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got this error while compiling kernel-toolchain with r245541 src:
> "/usr/src_eabi/share/mk/bsd.own.mk", line 427: MK_ARM_EABI can't be
> set by a user.
> *** [kernel-toolchain] Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src_eabi.
>
> and I have WITH_ARM_EABI="YES" on my src.conf

You didn't mention which branch this is on. If it is on the arm_eabi
branch it was broken after an MFC where ARM_EABI was both enabled and
disabled. If it was on head  I haven't finished merging the support
yet. I'll send a heads up when head it is in a testable state.

In either case you either don't need WITH_ARM_EABI on the arm_eabi
branch or will find things are broken with it enabled on head.

Andrew