Raspberry Pi Network Data

Ian Lepore ian at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 26 18:52:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-26 at 13:17 -0500, Sean Cavanaugh wrote:

> [...]

Not the sd card, it has its own dedicated sdhci controller in the SoC.

The only usb thing active on my rpi is the onboard hardware (hub and
network interface) and it has a tendency to occasionally drop off the
bus and return.  Actually, it's not just the ethernet, the whole hub
(onboard hub, not external) disappears and reappears.  This happens
intermittantly, sometimes several times a day.  Twice it has failed to
recover -- the hub never reattached until I rebooted.

smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
ugen0.2: <vendor 0x0424> at usbus0 (disconnected)
uhub1: at uhub0, port 1, addr 2 (disconnected)
ugen0.3: <vendor 0x0424> at usbus0 (disconnected)
smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
smsc0: at uhub1, port 1, addr 3 (disconnected)
smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
smsc0: warning: Failed to read register 0x114
smsc0: warning: MII is busy
ukphy0: detached
miibus0: detached
Feb 26 03:13:05 rpi dhclient[246]: connection closed
Feb 26 03:13:05 rpi dhclient[246]: exiting.
Feb 26 03:13:05 rpi ntpd[519]: sendto(172.22.42.240) (fd=22): No route
to host
ugen0.2: <vendor 0x0424> at usbus0
uhub1: <vendor 0x0424 product 0x9512, class 9/0, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 2>
on usbus0
uhub1: MTT enabled
Feb 26 03:13:06 rpi ntpd[519]: sendto(172.22.42.254) (fd=22): No route
to host
ugen0.3: <vendor 0x0424> at usbus0
smsc0: <vendor 0x0424 product 0xec00, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 3> on usbus0
smsc0: chip 0xec00, rev. 0002
miibus0: <MII bus> on smsc0
ukphy0: <Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface> PHY 1 on miibus0
ukphy0:  none, 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
ue0: <USB Ethernet> on smsc0
ue0: Ethernet address: b8:27:eb:33:7c:02
smsc0: chip 0xec00, rev. 0002

-- Ian