zfs on arm

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Wed Feb 20 21:52:28 UTC 2013

Brett Wynkoop wrote this message on Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 13:45 -0500:
> Greeting-
>
> I just tried to build a kernel with zfs support on RPi.  No joy:
>
> root at fbsd-pi:/sys/arm/conf # config  RPI-B-TMPFS-ZFS
> WARNING: duplicate option `GEOM_PART_BSD' encountered.
> WARNING: duplicate option `GEOM_PART_MBR' encountered.
> RPI-B-TMPFS-ZFS: unknown option "OPENSOLARIS"
> root at fbsd-pi:/sys/arm/conf #

Are you sure that the option OPENSOLARIS even exists?  I just checked
-head, and can't see any reference to this option...

have you tried to use the option zfs?

Looks like the zfs module isn't built on arm..  You could try to build
it and install it from sys/modules/zfs...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579