zfs on arm

Brett Wynkoop wynkoop at wynn.com
Wed Feb 20 21:43:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:11:05 -0700
Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> I've done this on x86 with 640MB, but it requires a lot of hand
> tuning. You should be able to build the kernel (most likely the
> OPENSOLARIS issue is just moving from options.* to options, mostly),
> but you'll encounter resource starvation issues until the tuning is
> right. :( But that was in the 7.x timeframe, iirc, and that was so
> many ZFS revisions ago...
>
> Warner

Warner-

I am not sure what you are telling me to do to get the kernel to
build.  I agree that it should work better than in the 7.x days.  I
have brought up zfs on x86 with 512M already and gotten it stable.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

April 19, 1775 An English attempt to confiscate guns from Americans
triggered a successful revolution......

     Dear Congress, that's a hint.