Beaglebone latest image observations - lock order reversal from ufs

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Fri Feb 15 22:48:46 UTC 2013

Hi

today, after several failed attempts (build world failing), I managed
to build a new kernel with Tim's script for the Bone.

 From what I see it started spewing the 'ti_mmchs0: Error: current cmd
null' again.

ti_mmchs0: Error: current cmd NULL, already done?

I'm now also getting the occasional

lock order reversal:
  1st 0xc2c8ad84 ufs (ufs) @ /usr/local/src/sys/kern/vfs_subr.c:2176
  2nd 0xc97a2378 bufwait (bufwait) @
/usr/local/src/sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_vnops.c:261
  3rd 0xc2d807f8 ufs (ufs) @ /usr/local/src/sys/kern/vfs_subr.c:2176
KDB: stack backtrace:
       :
       :
Anybody out there being able to enlighten me about this? Does the first
error relate or is triggered by second one?

Seeping through dmesg I see
       :
cpsw0: <3-port Switch Ethernet Subsystem> mem 0xcf619000-0xcf61cfff irq
40,41,42,43 on simplebus0
cpsw0: CPSW SS Version 1.12 (0)
_bus_dmamap_sync: wrong user map: 0 4
cpsw0: Initial queue size TX=128 RX=384
cpsw0: Ethernet address: 00:18:31:8e:0e:1d
       :

I also observed that Python27 built fresh from ports aborts on importing
ctypes.

I keep on building and reporting, the progress is still amazing!

If there's anything specific to try, please let me know

Thxs, Werner