New BeagleBone errors

Brett Wynkoop wynkoop at wynn.com
Mon Feb 11 06:47:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 22:17:07 -0800
Tim Kientzle <tim at kientzle.com> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2013, at 8:17 PM, Brett Wynkoop wrote:
>
> > Greeting-
> >
> > I am in the process of transferring man pages from the Bone to the
> > Pi and I got this on the bone console:
> >
> > a ./man1/ls.1.gzcpsw0: watchdog timeout
> > interrupt storm detected on "intr42:"; throttling interrupt source
> >
> > I am transferring by shoving a tar down nc....so
> >
> > tar cpvf - . | nc Pi 8080
>
> Can you tell me the SVN revision of your
> BeagleBone kernel?

I already did a csup, so I do not think I can grab that info.  I am in
the middle of a kernel rebuild.

> Also, the output of "sysctl dev.cpsw"
> might hold useful clues whenever this
> happens.
>
> Interrupt 42 is the RX interrupt for the
> CPSW ethernet; it sounds like the driver
> is no longer correctly acknowledging RX
> interrupts after the watchdog reset.

root at beaglebone:/home/wynkoop # sysctl dev.cpsw
dev.cpsw.0.%desc: 3-port Switch Ethernet Subsystem
dev.cpsw.0.%driver: cpsw
dev.cpsw.0.%parent: simplebus0
root at beaglebone:/home/wynkoop #

I expect since we see only 3 things it means I am still somehow on the
wrong driver.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep
and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against
tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson.