building RaspPi Images

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Mon Feb 11 06:11:04 UTC 2013

>>> The stand alone interface should, in theory, provide us with the DTB, but the code that is in ubldr doesn't seem to be reliably getitng this image.
>>
>> I don't think anyone has spent time on this.  We've
>> just been focused on "making it work" and the compiled-in
>> DTB does work for any single board.
>
> Ah, that makes sense. I just know the theory, not the practice.  I haven't had time for armv6 stuff…

I started taking a look at this tonight.  It appears
we can get the FDT through the U-Boot API.

In particular, U-Boot exposes an environment
variable "fdtaddr" with the address of the FDT
blob in memory.  The attached (entirely untested)
patch might do the trick.

Hopefully I'll have time this week to rebuild all
the boot bits and test this.

Cheers,

Tim