After make xdev successfully what should I do next

Ganbold Tsagaankhuu ganbold at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:34:51 UTC 2013

John,

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM, John Elder <johnsstephenelder at gmail.com> wrote:

Please keep freebsd-arm on email.

> make ARCH=arm TARGET_ARCH=arm kernel-toolchain I have done that.

This just builds necessary tools to build kernel.

> how to put it in sd card?

You need to have kernel built before using it and booting.

> package as image file and burn it to sd card?

Basically kernel should be put in fat formatted partition of SD card.

Please build kernel first using following command:

make TARGET_ARCH=armv6 KERNCONF=CUBIEBOARD buildkernel

Then it will be built in /usr/obj/arm.armv6/usr/src/sys/CUBIEBOARD/
directory or whatever you have chosen for your obj directory.

Copy "kernel" from there to fat partition of SD card.
SD card should be specially prepared for cubieboard, you can use linux made one.

Ganbold