beaglebone not stopping well

Ian Lepore ian at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 4 23:18:47 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 15:42 -0500, Brett Wynkoop wrote:
> Greeting-
>
> I just did a halt from single user mode and this is what I got:
>
> (pid 1) got signal 11
> Process (pid 1) got signal 11
[...]
> Process (pid 1) got signal 11
> Process (pid 1) got signal swap_pager: I/O error - pagein failed; blkno
> 10255,size 4096, error 5 panic: swap_pager_force_pagein: read from swap
> failed KDB: enter: panic
> [ thread pid 9447 tid 100054 ]
>

> This was after make install on a new kernel so I could reboot from that
> kernel.  Thanks to softupdates with journal I am pretty sure the
> Filesystem will be fine, but this is not proper behavior.
>
> Ideas?  Am I the only one seeing this?

I've been rebooting frequently all day, and now suddenly I got a lockup
right after it said it was stopping syslogd.  The main difference is
that earlier I would reboot, test some things, recompile, reboot, etc.
This time I booted, logged on as root, and then just left things idle
for about an hour before typing reboot.  Dunno if this is related to
what you're seeing or not.

-- Ian