How to create Img file

Brett Wynkoop wynkoop at wynn.com
Mon Feb 4 15:27:26 UTC 2013

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 21:30:17 +0800
John Elder <johnsstephenelder at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I have make build finished, how can I create img file and flash to
> the arm machine?

If you used Tim's script you simply run dd like:

# dd if=/path/to/image of=/dev/microsdcard-device-name

This is done on the build host of course.

If the build host can not accept the microsd card you can scp the image
to another host and run dd on that host.  That is what I did.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep
and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against
tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson.