SDIO driver for OpenRD Ultimate/ Dreamplug

Brian J. McGovern mcgovern at beta.com
Wed Jan 11 02:06:54 UTC 2012

> note that the FDT gpio part for sdio is ignored in the driver and
> wasn't present in http://people.freebsd.org/~raj/misc/mv_sdio.c
>
> instead the gpio pin settings are hardcoded via #defines in the
> modified mv_sdio.c which may lead to issues.
>
> on another note, the gpio usage isn't strictly necessary. those pins
> are used to get gpio interrupts for card detection, however they
> aren't connected on all kirkwood boards afaik, so using them despite
> them not being connected in hardware or them not being properly set in
> the MPP config may lead to issues as this breaks the card detection
> and hence may lead to kernel panics and/or undetected cards.
>
> as a simple workaround just commenting out the pin #defines or using
> the original mv_sdio.c should work just fine in which case it'll fall
> back to polling accordingly.
>
> Matthieu

Could someone follow up with a howto if they get something working? I've
been banging my head against the wall for a bit on this, and the closest
I can get is the SD card working if the card is inserted after boot is
complete (the kernel panics if the card is already inserted on boot)
with the patches from
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2011-May/002884.html .