FreeBSD/armv6z/clang on Raspberry Pi 512MB (with U-Boot + ubldr)

Daisuke Aoyama aoyama at peach.ne.jp
Tue Dec 25 11:57:27 UTC 2012

> As of r244640 we should have clang support in head. Do you still need
> to patch clang after this revision?

I didn't check/build it, but it seems that latest clang is OK for OABI.
However, it cannot be used in arm kernel because of TSIZ limitation.
(other default choice is my taste/fun, not requirements)

Please check below files in the patch:
sys/arm/include/vmparam.h
sys/conf/options.arm

In my case, at least MAXTSIZ=20MB is required for -O2 optimized world.
(-O1, -O0 are required more than -O2, of course)
So, changeable MAXTSIZ is useful for clang. Increasing MAXTSIZ might be
better
when clang build. But I don't know what value is appropriate.

Note: the patch contains clang, ARM11 and RPI specific patches.

P.S.
Thank you for many of committing. Now binutils can be used without patch.
--
Daisuke Aoyama