Raspberry Pi EABI test image

Ian Lepore freebsd at damnhippie.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 24 17:53:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-24 at 10:58 -0500, George Mitchell wrote:
> On 12/23/12 19:55, Andrew Turner wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 19:05:48 -0500
> > George Mitchell <george+freebsd at m5p.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Although rc.conf says ue0_config="DHCP"', dhclient doesn't run.  I can
> >> run it manually, and then everything network-related works.
> > I've seen this before with other RPi images.
> >
> Changing DHCP to SYNCDHCP "fixes" the issue.  I'll try to see if I can
> figure out why DHCP doesn't work.

To look into why =DHCP doesn't work, look at devd and the devd rules to
figure out why usb-based interfaces (apparently) aren't being handled.
The way the rc system works these days, DHCP means "do 'ifconfig up' on
the interface and let devd launch dhclient in response to that", and
SYNCDHCP means "the rc system directly invokes dhclient immediately".

-- Ian