ARM EABI patch

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Wed Dec 12 10:16:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 08:08:30 +0900
"Daisuke Aoyama" <aoyama at peach.ne.jp> wrote:

> >> I found cross-build problem of the EABI patch. I'm trying to use it
> >> for Raspberry Pi.
> >> According to machine/_types.h, wchar_t is unsigned int when EABI.
> >> This patch solve "error: array of inappropriate type initialized
> >> from string constant" when use L"foo".
> >
> > Can you send me a full log of the cross-build (off list is fine)
> > that shows the failure. I haven't seen the issue so would like to
> > find out how to trigger it.
>
> Sorry, I used modified source tree for RPI.
> If check out new one, it should be OK.
> I'm using following commands in amd64 2vCPU VM on ESXi5.1.
>
> export SRCROOT=/usr/src
> export TARGET_ARCH=armv6
> export KERNCONF=RPI-B-testXXX
> make -C $SRCROOT kernel-toolchain
> make -C $SRCROOT KERNCONF=$KERNCONF WITH_FDT=yes buildkernel
> make -j4 -C $SRCROOT MALLOC_PRODUCTION=yes buildworld

I tried this on a clean tree with just the patch applied. I didn't get
the problem you're describing above. Can you check the patch applied
cleanly.

Can you run the failing command under script to get the build log?
For example:
$ script build.log make -j4 -C $SRCROOT MALLOC_PRODUCTION=yes buildworld
will do a buildworld and save the output to the file build.log

Andrew