interrupt storm on Dreamplug for interrupts 12 and 16

Ian Lepore freebsd at damnhippie.dyndns.org
Tue Dec 11 19:03:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 14:45 +0100, Matthieu Kraus wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I tried updating my kernel on my Dreamplug yesterday (been running
> r228127 so far which worked quite well), however I'm running into
> issues with the ethernet controllers after the update - namely I'm
> constantly getting interrupt storms on interrupts 12 and 16 which
> belong to mge0 and mge1 respecively rendering non-functional.
>
> does anyone have some pointers what may cause it?
>
> the diff I'm running with (old kernel used the same besides the USB
> option to fix the CAM issues) is attached:
>
> the patch for if_mge is pretty old and grabbed from this ML and helps
> against some awful watchdog timeouts I encountered very often, the one
> for cpuvar.h allows to build zfs (I have an external RAID controller
> attached via esata on which my zfs pool resides)
>
> the dts is mostly based off an ultimate-rd one with some adjustments
> based off the settings linux uses

Here are the dts files I've been using for the NOR (1001) and NAND
(1001N) models of dreamplug; they look a bit different than yours.

Also, I've got no patches in the mge driver these days, but I do live
with the fact that I have to have cables plugged into both ports or
there are annoyingly-long timeouts trying to DHCP at boot time.

In fact, the only patches I'm using for dreamplug are the attached dts,
and personal kernel config choices, plus the one I posted about a week
ago to leave the cache allocate-on-write feature set the way the
bootloader set it.

I'm currently running -current @r243920 on dreamplug.

-- Ian