announcing the availability of packages for the Arm architecture

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Aug 23 22:55:52 UTC 2012

With the help of Alexander Motin, I have now started limited package
builds on the Arm architecture.

Right now builds are only being done for a few hand-selected ports, and
only on arm-9 with pkgng.  No builds with the old pkg_* tools are
intended at this time.

For those of you with Arm systems, you should be able to install packages
just by setting USE_PKGNG="yes" in /etc/make.conf and then using pkg(8).
There are more details at http://wiki.freebsd.org/PackagesOnArm .

Please let me know if how these packages work out for you.  Thanks.

mcl