Beagleboard stuff

Ben Gray ben.r.gray at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:18:48 UTC 2011

Hi Mark,

     I don't think the OMAP4430 techref manual is available on the TI
website, however you can get it via the Pandaboard site:

<http://www.pandaboard.org/content/resources/omap-device>

     In terms of cache coherency - the OMAP4430 has separate L1 caches
(32KB inst/32KB data) for each core with a snoop control unit (ARM SCU?)
which "ensures memory coherency between the two CPUs".

     In regards to the ARMv6/v7 roadmap, have you started work on this?
I would love to see some of these changes in the tree and can help out
in some areas, however if you look at the hacks in my pmap.c code for
armv7 you'll notice that I'm not very experienced in this area of the
kernel ;-).

Thanks,
Ben.