Changing virtual adress space layout

Devesh Rai deveshkr at marvell.com
Fri Jan 28 13:36:27 UTC 2011

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your detail response. Trick of not changing KERNVIRTADDR worked.
I was able to map 1GB of RAM into kva from KERNBASE(0x8000_0000) to OLD_KERNBASE(0xC000_0000) using pmap_map_chunk api.
I was able to write some data into mapped space and print it back.

But some doubt I still have

1) What is L1 and L2 page table in FreeBSD? Is there document which explains these vm concepts for arm?
2) How do I verify that this mapping indeed happened?

Thanks & Regards
Devesh