Openmoko FreeRunner

Stacy Millions stacy at Millions.Ca
Wed Sep 1 19:59:26 UTC 2010

I finally broke down and bought a debug board for my freerunner. After a
day of futzing about I have it running -current in single user mode. A
log of the kernel messages is here
http://www.millions.ca/~stacy/freebsd/freerunner/20100831boot.txt

The todo list is a little overwhelming and I'm not sure what to tackle
first (I also don't have a lot of free time at the moment but I could
not resist the new gadget :-) ...

NAND would be nice... even without a nand friendly file system having
access to a root file system stored on the nand would make life easier.
Heck, it might even boot into multi user mode if it had all the files it
needed...

USB in cdce device mode could give me NFS.

Power management so I can turn on some of the other peripherals. Anybody
know if the AR6000 would be supported by ath after I get it powered up?
Hope springs eternal :-)

The GPS should just work after I am able to power it up.

Is it possible for u-boot to pass arguments to the kernel ala boot -v?

Is there a trick to making a mfs root larger than 4MB? When I try, the
freerunner just hangs after telling me "Starting kernel ...".

-stacy